Why paralegal might be a better option than lawyer for your law career
So you’ve decided that you want to pursue a career in law. Great decision! But have you considered becoming a paralegal instead of a lawyer? There are many reasons why becoming a paralegal might be the better choice for you.
In this blog post, we will discuss some of the benefits of becoming a paralegal and compare it to being a lawyer. We will also provide some tips on how to become a successful paralegal.
What are the benefits of being a paralegal?
There is a huge range of benefits that come with being a paralegal. For starters, you will be able to work in a variety of industries and fields, including corporate law, family law, criminal law, and more. You will also have the opportunity to work with clients directly and build strong relationships with them.
In addition, being a paralegal is a great way to get your foot in the door of the legal industry. It is also a great way to learn about the law and how it works. If you are interested in becoming a lawyer someday, becoming a paralegal is a great way to start your career.
So, if you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, becoming a paralegal might be the right choice for you. Here are some tips on how to become a successful paralegal:
- Get a degree in paralegal studies from an accredited school.
- Join professional organizations, such as the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) or the American Bar Association (ABA).
- Get certified by passing the Certified Paralegal Exam.
- Continuously learn and keep up with the latest trends in the legal field.
By following these tips, you can be on your way to a successful career as a paralegal. So, if you are interested in becoming a lawyer or just want to start your career in the legal field, consider becoming a paralegal. It might just be the best decision you ever make.
Paralegal vs Lawyer
When people think of a career in law, lawyer is usually the first thing that comes to mind. But, what about becoming a paralegal?
While both lawyers and paralegals play an important role in the legal field, there are some key differences between the two professions.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to consider becoming a paralegal instead of a lawyer:
- Paralegals typically have less student loan debt than lawyers.
- The number of years in education required to become a paralegal is typically less than what is required to become a lawyer.
- Paralegals make a comfortable salary. The median annual salary for paralegals was $50,410 in 2016, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Paralegals have job security. The demand for paralegals is expected to grow by 15% from 2016 to 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Paralegals have a good work-life balance. According to a survey by the National Association of Legal Assistants, more than 80% of paralegals said they were satisfied with their work-life balance.
- There are many different types of law, so you can specialize in an area that interests you.
How to become a paralegal
Qualifying as a paralegal can be done in a number of ways. The most common route is to study for a bachelor’s degree or a postgraduate diploma in law.
You could also qualify through an accredited paralegal studies program, which is offered by many community colleges.
An alternative route is to complete an internship with a law firm, which can sometimes lead to a job offer.
Whatever route you choose, it’s important to make sure you are qualified by either the National Federation of Paralegal Associations or the American Bar Association.
Why NCC is your best choice for starting your new career as a paralegal
Here at NCC, we can help you get started on your new career as a paralegal. We offer an accredited Associate’s Degree program that will give you the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful paralegal.
Our programs are offered both online and in-person, so you can choose the learning style that best suits your needs.
We also have a team of experienced faculty members who can help guide you through your studies.
So if you’re looking for a new career in law, be sure to check out our programs at NCC! You won’t be disappointed.
Join one of the best paralegal schools in Las Vegas today!
Here at Northwest Career College, we run the top paralegal program in Nevada, offering our students the skills and experience they need to successfully enter the field of paralegal work and position themselves to maximize their earnings.
Our Paralegal instructors are seasoned attorneys and highly trained professionals who are able not only to teach you the law but also to guide you through the many ways a paralegal integrates into a Las Vegas law practice.
We offer on-campus and online paralegal classes to accommodate your work and family schedule. Our Career Services team will work with you to help you find the best paralegal employment opportunity in Las Vegas.
Call us today at (702) 403-1592 to find out what our paralegal program can offer you.
Lisa Myers, J.D., L.L.M.
Legal Studies Department Director
J.D. L.L.M. Campbell University
B.A. Corllins University