Northwest Career College Student Accessibility Practices:
Northwest Career College recognizes the importance of student and instructor diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive learning environment for all of its students through the application of the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework. This framework was designed to improve and optimize teaching and learning for all people and it promotes the inclusion of multiple methods of engagement, representation, and expression in all courses based on scientific insights into how humans learn best. In keeping with the UDL framework, NCC has implemented the following accessibility practices.
- Audio Recordings of Lectures
- Access to Individual Tutoring
- At-Home, Online Exam Proctoring
- ADA Compliant Facilities
That said, although NCC is excited about its existing accessibility practices, it also recognizes that some students may need additional accommodations beyond those already provided in the curriculum. In order to better support our students, we can provide you with assistance for:
- Learning Impairments
- Visual Impairments
- Hearing Impairments
- Physical Impairments
- Extended Time for Examinations
- Extended Time for In-Class Quizzes
- Permission to Record Class Sessions
- Closed Captioning for Audio Recordings
- Speech to Text Training
- Assistive Technology
How do I request help?
- Email accommodations@
northwestcareercollege.edu to request an intake meeting.
- Complete your Accommodations Request ASAP!
- Accommodations typically take 2 weeks to get set up, but may take up to 60 days depending on the request.