VA Education Benefits
Our GI Bill® Supports Education Benefits Programs Offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Defense at Northwest, an Accredited School In Las Vegas.
If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
Military Tuition Assistance is a program provided by the military to help subsidize the cost of tuition for soldiers who are currently serving on active duty. Military TA may be available to students actively serving in all branches of the military in an active or reserve status. TA is not a loan; it should be viewed as money you have earned just like your base pay. If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service prior to enrolling in a college in Las Vegas approved by the State Approving Agency of Nevada for VA Education Benefit Programs.
If you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career.
If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member’s Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to you.
Northwest Career College has a staff of trained and knowledgeable Benefits and Financial Aid Officers on staff that can help package the best benefits and financing options for veteran funding in Las Vegas. We understand the importance of your education and want to help you maximize your earned benefits. We would never want finances to be a stressor during this fun and exciting time in your life so let us help you put your mind at ease.
We can assist you with applying for the following VA Educational Benefits:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB)
- Reserve Education Program (REAP)
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA)
- VA Education Benefits Coordinator
- Tuition Credit for Applicable Transfer Credits
- On-site Pearson VUE Testing
- On-site Massage Student Clinic: Veterans’ Discount
- Lifetime Career Services Assistance
Northwest Career College proudly affirms the 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success and expresses our commitment to implement the following practices:
- Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success for veterans
- Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
- Implement an early alert system to ensure all veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming
- Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all veterans, together with the creation of a designated space for them (even if limited in size)
- Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for veterans
- Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information on veterans, including demographics, retention, and degree completion
- Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to veterans
- Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for veterans
Northwest appreciates the sacrifices that our active duty, guard, reserves, veterans, spouses and military dependents make as they serve our country. Northwest commits our entire staff and faculty to you and your family for all of their educational needs. At Northwest, your family becomes our family and we remain…committed for life. We can’t wait to hear from you!
VA Education BenefitsNorthwest Career College is approved for the Training of Veterans, Active Duty, and their Families.
Title IV Approved
Northwest Career College is approved by the Department of Education for Title IV funding.
Accreditation InformationNorthwest Career College is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), located at 7777 Leesburg Pike Suite 314 N., Falls Church, Virginia 22043. They can be reached for additional information about accreditation by phone at 703-917-9503, by fax at 703-917-4109, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwest Career College is licensed by the State of Nevada Commission on Post Secondary Education.
Northwest Career College is approved by the State Approving Agency of Nevada for VA Education Benefit Programs. If you believe you are eligible, contact the VA at 888-442-4551 FREE or www.gibill.va.gov to confirm your eligibility and begin the process of activating your benefits.
“GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.