Call Us Today!
Northwest Career College is built on the foundations of family and the bonds that bind them. Dr. Kenny and his children have dedicated themselves to the mission of educating students and helping them to succeed in their chosen profession. Once you enter the doors of Northwest, you are family, through and through.
Come join the Northwest Family where you’re connected for life.
Since 1997, thousands of students have walked through the doors of Northwest and have gone on to become successful Massage Therapists, Dental Assistants, Medical Assistants, Medical Insurance Specialists and Paralegals. Won’t you join the fine group of Northwest Alumni now serving the community in a variety of professions? Explore Northwest Career College and see where your future can lead. Come tour our campus today!
At Northwest Career College, ours is a student-centered philosophy where students come first. Our open door and open heart approach to education sets us apart from all others. It’s a feeling you get when you first walk in our doors.
Every Alumni is welcome back on the campus of Northwest Career College. We love to hear your successes and share in your life’s progress. The absolute best, though, is when you return to the classroom and speak with our current students. Alumni come-backs always give students that extra bit of inspiration to help them see that their goals are achievable and real.
Northwest Career College has created a beautiful and peaceful testing space for both our students and our visitors to enjoy. We know how important and stressful test taking can be and we want to make your time here a positive one with successful outcomes! Make sure to allow yourself some extra time to arrive early, get settled, grab a drink or a snack from the front and prepare to PASS your exam!
We look forward to seeing you on campus and in our testing center. Best of luck to you!
Northwest Career College takes great pride in creating beautiful campus facilities for our students, staff and faculty. We invite all of you to visit our campus in person! But, until you get here, please enjoy a virtual tour of our buildings, program labs and learning centers. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
The educational funding offered to veterans under the GI Bill gives them access to the education they need to pursue civilian careers after their time in the military. In addition to that funding, there is a useful set of resources available online to support veterans as they apply for new positions. In this article we will be looking at five of the best websites for veterans seeking jobs.
1. Military.com – Military.com hosts the “largest veteran job board in the world” as part of its careers section. In addition to hosting job posts, Military.com also helps individuals search for specific jobs, create their resumes and network with other veterans. Also featured are a number of “military friendly” employers, such as Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Allstate, Walmart and Boeing.
2. Vetjobs – Started in 1999, Vetjobs has more than 10 million users and is exclusively sponsored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States. The site is free to use and includes a listing of upcoming military career fairs. In addition to state-specific job boards, the site also features a spouse portal to assist the partners of veterans in finding employment.
3. G.I. Jobs – While G.I. Jobs does have a working job board, it is primarily a resource for interview tips, resume building and a military-to-civilian pay calculator. The site features candid interviews from major employers of veterans, such as DHL Express, that talk about the advantages and disadvantages of employing veterans.
4. America’s Veteran – Run by the Office of Personnel Management for the U.S. Government, America’s Veteran has a number of resources aimed at helping veterans find employment. The is a job search facility for veterans, transitioning service members and family members. The site also offers a “Vet to Vet” page which veterans can network. Because it is government run, America’s Veteran features a list of Veteran Employment Program Offices, complete with contact names, emails and phone numbers.
5. National Veterans Foundation – The National Veterans Foundation hosts a blog, legal center and employment board with job listings. One of the unique features of this website is its “First Steps” page, which acts as a guide for what the initial considerations are when a serviceperson leaves the military. The NVF operates a toll-free helpline for all veterans and their families and their resource center features a downloadable booklet that offers veterans advice on dealing with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The GI Bill, in all its various forms, has empowered and enabled hundreds of thousands of veterans and their families to access higher education. Here at Northwest Career College we are equally committed to providing every assistance we can to our country’s servicemembers. Call us on (702) 403-1592 to speak to one of our enrollment experts and we will help you find the course and financial aid you need to access the education you deserve.
Dr. Thomas Kenny,
Chief Compliance Officer