Call Us Today!
Northwest Career College is built on the foundations of family and the bonds that bind them. Dr. Kenny and his children have dedicated themselves to the mission of educating students and helping them to succeed in their chosen profession. Once you enter the doors of Northwest, you are family, through and through.
Come join the Northwest Family where you’re connected for life.
Since 1997, thousands of students have walked through the doors of Northwest and have gone on to become successful Massage Therapists, Dental Assistants, Medical Assistants, Medical Insurance Specialists and Paralegals. Won’t you join the fine group of Northwest Alumni now serving the community in a variety of professions? Explore Northwest Career College and see where your future can lead. Come tour our campus today!
At Northwest Career College, ours is a student-centered philosophy where students come first. Our open door and open heart approach to education sets us apart from all others. It’s a feeling you get when you first walk in our doors.
Every Alumni is welcome back on the campus of Northwest Career College. We love to hear your successes and share in your life’s progress. The absolute best, though, is when you return to the classroom and speak with our current students. Alumni come-backs always give students that extra bit of inspiration to help them see that their goals are achievable and real.
Returning to education can be a financially difficult time, especially if you are a adult learner. You have all the same fiscal responsibilities, but some of your potential earning time is taken up by education. In the long run, that education will lead to better opportunities to advance your career and gain access to a better salary. In the short term, here are five budgeting tools that can help you manage your money while you study.
1. You Need a Budget – YNAB allows you to both track your current spending and plan a way to get free of any debts you happen to be in. You can program the application with details of your income from student loans or a salary and it will put together a budget plan that will last you until your next infusion of funds. It will also suggest attainable ways in which you can go about paying off debts.
2. Pocketguard – Pocketguard is ideal if you have a myriad of accounts and want to keep track of what is happening on all of them. The app is free and allows you to sync all your bank accounts, loans, savings and credit cards to one place. It splits your spending into categories and then sorts transactions into those categories, so you can see which areas you are overspending in.
3. Wally – Unfortunately, this app does not come with a tiny adorable robot as part of the package. What it does do is allow you to scan in each of your receipts, in order to track your spending. This sets Wally apart from other apps as it can be used to track cash spending in addition to card spending, something which normally requires fiddly manual data entry. A desktop version of Wally is currently under construction to allow you to use your home computer as the hub of your financial management system.
4. Dollarbird – Dollarbird allows you to manage your spending by using a calendar to map out your regular payments and identifying how much you have to spend over the coming week or month. This allows you to budget without any nasty surprises and identify expenses, like that gym membership you set up in January and never used, that you could remove in order to save money.
5. Clarity Money – If you are looking to save money then Clarity Money will actively work with you to achieve that. Not only can you set achievable financial goals and track your spending, the app also analyzes your financial data and looks for ways to save you money, searching the web for coupons and vouchers that may be relevant to you.
Here at Northwest Career College, we are committed to providing our students with the best possible facilities to allow them to take advantage of the excellent courses we have on offer. In addition to our Pearson VUE testing center, we also offer morning, afternoon, night, online and blended classes to accommodate your Las Vegas work and family schedule. And, we have an experienced Career Services team to help you find the best employment opportunity for your new career. Call us today on (702) 403-1592 to find out more about what we can offer you!
Dr. Stephanie Kenny
Dean of Students