Dental Administrative Assistant: The perfect new career for you
If you are looking for a new career that is challenging and offers plenty of opportunity for growth, then consider becoming a Dental Administrative Assistant.
This is a field that is growing rapidly, and there is a high demand for qualified professionals.
As a dental assistant, you will be responsible for performing administrative and clinical duties to keep the dental office running smoothly. This can be an extremely rewarding career, and there are many different ways to advance within the field.
In this article, we will discuss some of the reasons why you should consider becoming a Dental Administrative Assistant as your new career.
What are the advantages of becoming a dental administrative assistant?
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider becoming a Dental Administrative Assistant:
- You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of people – from dental hygienists and receptionists to dentists and patients.
- You will be able to learn new skills and knowledge that can be used in other aspects of your life – such as customer service, time management, and organization.
- The hours are generally very flexible, and you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of settings – from small private practices to large corporate dental offices.
- The pay is very competitive, and the job outlook for this career is very positive – with an expected growth of 20% over the next ten years.
- You will be able to learn new skills and knowledge – such as customer service, time management, and organization.
- You will be able to advance your career – with the potential to become a dental office manager or even open your own practice one day.
- You will be able to make a difference in the lives of others – by helping them to improve their oral health and by providing them with the best possible customer service.
- You will have job security – as the demand for dental services is always going to be high.
- You will be able to earn a good living – with the average salary for a dental administrative assistant being $35,000 per year.
If you are looking for a new career, becoming a Dental Administrative Assistant may be the perfect choice for you!
How do you become a dental administrative assistant?
The first step is to complete a dental administrative assistant program at a community college or vocational school. Many of these programs can be completed in as little as one year.
Here at NCC, our dental administrative assistant program can be completed in just nine months.
Once you have completed your training, you will be able to take the Dental Administrative Assistant National Certification Exam. Once you have completed the educational requirements, you will then need to obtain a state license (if your state requires it).
After that, you will be ready to start your new career! If you have any questions about our dental administrative assistant program or the licensing process, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you!
Employment for entry-level employment in the dental field is expected to increase 23% over the next 10 years, faster than average for all occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
With this growing demand for DAAs, it is essential that graduates cultivate the skills and traits that will help them stand out in the employment market.
Here at Northwest Career College, our Dental Administrative Assisting Program prepares students to work in any dental office. Our expansive, nine-operatory lab provides students with real-life dental office experience.
You will be trained to handle clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, handling insurance claims, and monitoring inventory. You will work with documents, forms, and computer systems. No other Dental Administrative Assistant Program in Las Vegas offers this type of advanced training.
Our student-focused approach will help you cultivate the skills you will need to stand out. Our experienced Career Services team will work with you to help you find the best dental administrative assistant employment opportunities in Las Vegas. Call one of our enrollment specialists at (702) 403-1592 to find out more.
Cynthia Lofquist, R.D.A.
Dental Assisting Program Chair
Concorde Career Institute